At FSA, we encourage the sharing of experience, skills and efforts among staff members to produce a personally rewarding and professionally successful work environment. We are always on the lookout to add the right person to our team, whether he or she be an architect, engineer, technologist, technician, or designer. If you are a hard worker, have skills and experience to share, and a willingness to learn, we’d love to hear from you. We offer a competitive salary, flexible terms, and a dynamic team atmosphere.
Please email your CV in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fishburn Sheridan & Associates Ltd. was established in 2001 through a strategic merger of two existing firms, Fishburn Building Sciences Group (Eastern) Ltd. and E. A. Sheridan & Associates Ltd., and now boasts over 100 years of cumulative experience in building envelope engineering. The firm, which is headquartered in Ottawa, provides engineering services to a variety of established clients throughout Canada and U.S.A, with a staff of over 35, spread amongst its four regional offices
In today’s world the most appropriate decisions require a systematic approach that simultaneously considers the separate merits, costs and inter-related nature of the individual elements within the building. This is true regardless of scale, whether the issue is a condominium reserve fund or an international inventory of building properties.
Fishburn Sheridan & Associates Ltd. provides innovative, value-added engineering and consulting services to clients with a vested interest in their buildings. Our highly accredited team delivers a customized solution for every building envelope, and structural project we tackle because we understand that each project is different, and every client is unique. It is our goal to be the most trusted and respected Canadian firm in our area of expertise
Career Opportunity – Accounts Payable & Payroll Administrator (Ottawa Branch):
Our Finance team is growing. We're looking for a motivated and energetic Finance Assistant to support our day-to-day accounting function on a part-time basis. This is an outstanding opportunity for a mid-level finance professional to further develop their finance skills and grow within a growing, locally based engineering services firm. Ideally, you are detail-oriented and process-driven, with an analytical eye and ability to see the big picture. You have the drive and flexibility to thrive in our fast-paced environment.
This is a part-time, permanent position.
- Own day-to-day accounting processes: check payment runs, payroll administration.
- Prepare payroll along with purchases and expenses for the organization.
- Prepare month-end reconciliations for A/P and Payroll
- Prepare cash and check payments for bank deposit. Calculating and recording the deposit amounts.
- Post all payments and research any discrepancies by checking bills, invoices, sales receipts and bank deposit records.
- Accurately record timesheet information, employee expenses and supplier invoices, follow up to ensure that supplier payments are made on time.
- Reconcile credit card statements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience:
- 1-2 years relevant work experience.
- Degree or diploma in accounting, commerce, business administration or a related field is required.
- Accounting systems, ERPs, billing management systems, are second nature to you. If you haven't seen it before, you're comfortable picking it up quickly
- Executed or significantly participated in A/P and Payroll processes.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with QuickBooks.
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing programs.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and internal control principles.
- Experience using Excel for financial analysis, using advanced formulas and pivot tables.
Please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.